Total Time 15 minutes |Prep Time 5 minutes |Cook Time 10 minutes
1/2 lbs Tofu (firm tofu)
1 Bunch Kale (8-10 leaves, ribs removed, leaves thin sliced)
3 Cup Rice
1-2 Garlic minced
1 Tbsp Basil
2 tbsp Canola Oil or any oil
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Curry Powder (or turmeric)
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Press tofu in paper towel until most water drained. Crumble or slice the tofu. Add curry powder (if using), salt and lemon juice and set aside.
2. Heat one tbsp oil in a wok or a non-stick wide saute pan on medium heat. Add tofu and stir fry until crisp at edges. Remove into a bowl. Whip pan clean.
3. Add remaining oil and bring to high heat. Add chopped garlic, and kale, then saute 1 or 2 minutes until kale has just wilted.
4. Add rice, soy sauce, white pepper and stir fry until soy sauce is fully absorbed . (about 1-2 minutes)
5. Add in fried tofu and basil. Toss until everything heated through. Taste and adjust salt if needed.